Over the weekend, the Lion King premiere brought out every single Disney’s fan’s inner child, including mine! I remember waking up early on Saturday mornings to catch the latest episode of Timon and Pumba and naming my puppies after my faves from the film. The minute that Disney announced that they were doing the live action movie, I knew that I was going to go all out and dress up for the event and see it on the biggest screen possible.
I love that it features such a diverse and talented cast just like the Broadway play. I never thought I’d get to see a film with Beyoncé, Donald Glover, Chiwetel Ejiofor and James Earl Jones (!!!) working together. I feel proud knowing that black and brown kids will have way more opportunities to feel seen.
Like so many others, I have a deep, personal connection with Lion King. This is what Lion King means to me: More family time together as we gathered in the living room, impromptu sing alongs that inspired my love of singing, understanding the power of family, building true connections and empathy.
If you’re like me and you want to celebrate your favorite movie in style, you should treat your movie outing like your own photoshoot! Wear one of these super affordable outfits the first, second or third time you see the Lion King. And when you do, tag @_cassandrarose on Instagram so I can check out and repost your creative looks!
1. Show Your Lion King Pride with a Casual Graphic Tee and Fun Skirt
2. This Safari Print Dress is Completely On Trend
For a matinee screening, dress this down with these low-key and comfy shoes…
For a night out, dress this up with sexy block heels…
And if you’re feeling flirty, mix and match your animal print…
3. Speaking of Animal Print, Always Say YES to Bold Pants
4. Going Solo to the Movies? Treat Yourself with this Sweet but Suuuper Cheap Look
5. To My Fellow Queens, Wear Colors that Make Your Melanin POP
6. Crop Tops + High Waisted Pants = My Summer Uniform
7. Channel Your Inner Queen Bey with This Yellow Number